Dear Arden Dental Center Patients & Friends,
We are now OPEN.
I hope you and your family are safe and in good health. Our community has been through a lot with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and all of us are looking forward to resuming our new normal. We are excited to let you know that we are safely reopening on May 19, 2020, for all non-emergency dental care. We welcome you back with open arms and air hugs.
While many things have changed, our mission has remained the same: your best health and wellbeing. On top of our already state-of-the-art infection control practices, we have implemented additional safety measures in accordance with the CDC, OSHA, ADA, ISDS, and IDPH. Consequently, Arden has instituted our “16-Step Coronavirus Safety Protocol” for the safety and health of our patients, team, and community. We take pride in continuing what you have come to expect from Arden: our safe, comfortable, and world-class dental care, now as contactless as possible.
Arden Dental Center’s “16-Step Coronavirus Safety Protocol”:
- Our team calls you beforehand to pre-screen for COVID-19. Please also let us know if you have any changes in your health status and dental insurance.
- Two hours before your appointment, we text you to pre-screen for COVID-19.
- If you have, or have been in contact with someone who has any COVID-19 symptoms, we provide you a Teledentistry option until you can be seen in person. Please ask our team.
- Our appointment scheduling has been re-designed to maximize social distancing. We have made the duration of our appointments longer in order to: (A) provide more time for additional COVID-19 disinfection; (B) reduce the number of patients in the office; and (C) minimize your wait times. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility.
- To be contactless, we ask for pre-payment of your copay prior to your appointment. Thank you.
- For your safety, we are not using our Reception Room. We ask you to arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment, text us when you’re in the parking lot, and come up to the office when we call you. Please limit your belongings to what is absolutely necessary. We happily provide a sandwich-size Ziploc bag for your personal items.
- Upon your arrival, we take your temperature with a non-contact forehead infrared thermometer.
- We ask you to rub your hands with hand sanitizer for 20 seconds at both check-in and checkout.
- We ask you to gargle Hydrogen Peroxide for 1 minute before your dental procedure.
- We disinfect high-touch surfaces, including door knobs, countertops, and table tops, before and after each patient appointment.
- We disinfect dental operatories 2x with hospital-grade disinfectant that meet the EPA’s criteria for SARS-CoV-2 (the virus of COVID-19), before and after each patient appointment.
- We have installed air purifiers with HEPA filters and UV-C light technology to help remove germs from the air such as SARS-CoV-2, influenza, and staph.
- We have implemented dental technology, including Isolite and Purevac, to reduce dental aerosols.
- We have installed plastic sheeting in the office to reduce dental aerosols.
- We have enclosed the dental chairs in plastic barriers for each patient appointment.
- Aliens have not invaded the Earth. It is us … wearing full PPE for each patient, including head covers, face shields, glasses, masks, gloves, and isolation gowns or tyvek suits.
Whew, we have been busy during the lockdown to prepare for you. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about Arden’s 16-Step Coronavirus Safety Protocol.
Also, to help our patients’ families and our community during this unprecedented pandemic, we are now willing to see new patients who need dental care.
Thank you for being our patient! We value your trust, loyalty, and friendship. Our whole team is looking forward to welcoming you back!
For Your Best Health & Wellbeing,
Dr. Wen Lu