We are providers of general dental care services that can take care of all your dental needs. We perform diagnostic X-rays, cleanings, oral examinations, and much more.
Importance of Preventive Dental Care
Preventive dental checkups are more than just brushing and flossing every day. Preventive dentistry involves treating, educating, and practicing methods to keep and maintain your teeth and gums. They help ensure complete dental care, and in order to do so, it is important to visit the dentist at least once every six months.
General Dental Services
Exams and X-rays
Your regular hygiene visits with us would involve an extensive examination of the oral cavity. This step would use diagnostic instruments such as digital X-rays, intraoral cameras, and other tools to have a better view of your teeth, gums, and internal tissues. Exams and X-rays are a great opportunity for the dentist to have a firm understanding of the patient's dental condition.
Cleanings and Dental Check-ups
The dental hygienist would scrape between teeth and sides along the gum line to remove any built-in plaque or tartar that contributes to gum disease, cavities, bad breath, and other dental conditions.
There are three different types of cleaning:
- Prophylaxis - This involves basic cleaning that helps remove the presence of plaque on teeth and gum line.
- Full Mouth Debridement - In case the patient suffers from gingivitis, the dentist would advise a full mouth debridement to remove signs of plaque and tartar on the gum line.
- Scaling and Root Planing - Scaling and root planing can extensively clean your teeth by scraping away hard deposits from the surface of the enamel.
- Dental Fillings - Dental fillings are used to save the tooth from cavities allowing you to restore natural teeth structure.
- Dental Sealants - Sealants are a type of plastic coating that acts as a protective barrier on teeth. They are usually applied on the back surface of teeth covering pits and grooves. Dental sealants are mostly advised for children as it'd help avoid debris accumulation. Although sealants can provide maximum surface protection, it is important to follow regular brushing and flossing every day.
Visit Arden Dental Center, Bloomingdale. For more information, call us at (630) 529 0303 or schedule an appointment online, today.